There’s about 2,000 calories in your average Christmas meal. Add in the petit fours, a brandy and an extra pre-dinner drink and you could stretch it to 3,000. The UK Department of Health estimated average requirements recommend a daily calorie intake of 1,940 calories per day for women and 2,550 for men. You don’t have to be Einstein to work out if you’re a porker. The good news is that you’ve got 364 days to get rid of it before you do it all again. Here’s ten ways to burn into your 3,000 extra festive calories.
1. Six hours’ extreme horse riding. Riding a horse is harder than you think, in fact, it’s more like riding a bike. And think how toned those thigh muscles will be.
2. 36 hours’ 4×4 off-roading. You might be driving fast, but this is the slow burn way to weight loss.
3. Five hours’ wall climbing and abseiling. The experts say that the heavier you are the more calories you burn. But if you’ve really indulged over Christmas – make sure no one is standing beneath you when you’re abseiling down. It’s safer that way.
4. Seven hours’ laser combat. Take the war to the flab, and shoot a few friends while you’re at it.
5. Six hours 30 minutes’ skiing. Get in shape for the slopes, improve your skiing and watch the pounds come tumbling down.
6. Eight hours’ skateboarding. Good for the balance and co-ordination. But don’t wear your cap backwards unless you’re under the age of 16, please.
7. Six hours’ snowboarding. Apparently shivering makes you burn more calories, if you can stand it.
8. 32 hours’ quad biking. At least this is a faster calorie burn than watching TV, which would take about 40 hours to write off your Christmas lunch.
9. Seven hours’ high ropes walking. Of course, you don’t want to spend the whole day up there, spread it out over a few weekends.
10. Six hours 30 minutes’ zorbing. Kissing apparently eats up 150 calories every one-and-a-half hours, so if you want to zorb with your partner, you could increase the burn further.
Here’s the sober bit. Obviously, the above are estimates and the number of calories burned does vary depending on an individual’s body weight. So, want to look at the most exciting activity options available in the UK? THEN CLICK HERE